An existing heritage listed house that is historically connected with Essendon’s first resident land owner from 1845, was remodeled and a new kitchen added to accommodate a growing single family.
The double storey polychrome brick and stucco house is carefully re-designed from the inside-out. Two existing non-original extensions are opportunistically refurbished to enclose and define a new private courtyard.
The project seeks to negotiate between the sublime beauty of the original building through refined modern elegance.
residential extension + interior